HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION REPORT
For more information on road construction call 1-888-275-6636.
"If it's happening in St. Louis, it's on Saint Louis Front Page."
How To Reach Us:
St. Louis Front Page
P.O. Box 1354
St. Louis, MO 63188
To submit news, contact:
To advertise, contact:
MoDOT Crews Closes Eastbound I-44 to Lafayette
ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com), May 15, 2016 - The ramp from eastbound I-44 to Lafayette has closed and will not reopen until June 3, as MoDOT crews start renovation work on the ramps.
To detour around the ramp closure, drivers should use Jefferson, to Chouteau to Truman Parkway.
In addition, the ramp from Lafayette/Truman Parkway to SB I-55 is also closed until June 3. Drivers should take Lafayette to Tucker/Gravois and follow Gravois to the southbound I-55 ramp near Russell.
The work on the ramps is part of regularly scheduled preventative maintenance. Crews will be removing the driving surface, making repairs to the concrete on the ramps and replacing joints. This ensures that the bridge and interchange remains in good condition for the future.
Major Traffic Impacts Coming to Interstate 70 in St. Charles County
ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com), May 8, 2016 - The Missouri Department of Transportation is making changes to work scheduled on I-70 in St. Charles the weekend of May 13.
Crews will start closing lanes of eastbound I-70 between Route 94 and Fifth Street on Friday, May 20 at 9:30 p.m. with all lanes closed by 11 p.m. The closure is necessary to demolish the Fairgrounds Road bridge.
In addition, westbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane throughout the weekend of May 20 with intermittent full closures of about 15 minutes each as crews remove girders from the old bridge.
The lanes will reopen by Monday, May 23 at 5 a.m. with the exception of the left lane on both eastbound and westbound I-70 between Route 94 and Fifth Street. Those lanes will remain closed around the clock for two months.
Other impacts include:
Westbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane during the overnight hours of Thursday, May 19. Crews will begin lane closures at 8 p.m. with three lanes closed by 11 p.m. All lanes will be back open by 6 a.m. Friday morning.
The entrance ramp from Fifth Street to westbound I-70 will be closed Thursday, May 19 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Fairgrounds Road over I-70 will close starting Friday, May 20 at 7 a.m. The road will be closed for about 120 days
The entrance ramp from Fifth Street to westbound I-70 will be closed the weekend of May 20. It will remain closed for about two months.
Motorists can detour around the closures by taking Interstate 64, Route 364 or Route 370. Veterans Memorial Parkway, which carries only eastbound traffic, will be open for those trying to access the local businesses along Veterans Memorial Parkway.
The work is part of construction of the new full interchange being built at I-70 and Fairgrounds Road.
Road Construction Season Launches in the St. Louis Region
ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com), March 20, 2016 - The Missouri Department of Transportation is getting into the height of construction season. Due to the roadways and the potential impacts to traffic, drivers should be aware of the most impactful projects in the region for 2016.
St. Louis City
St. Louis County
- I-44/I-55/I-64 bridge rehabilitation and resurfacing - several interstate projects are on-tap for I-55 and I-44 to rehabilitate area bridges and ramps. Drivers can expect:
- One lane closed around the clock on eastbound and westbound I-44 between Shrewsbury and Kingshighway. Ramps from Southwest and Shrewsbury to eastbound 44 will also be closed now through the end of the year.
- Several night and weekend ramp closures at the I-44 and I-55 interchange.
Eastbound I-44 down to one lane over I-55 from April to mid-May.
- Various ramps to and from I-44/I-55, from Truman Parkway and Lafayette, closed for a few weeks each between April and July.
One lane closed around the clock on southbound I-44/I-55, between Poplar Street Bridge and I-44/I-55 interchange from July to December.
- Grand over Interstate 44 - Bridge replacement will have the following impacts:
Grand will remain open with at least one lane open in each direction as crews replace the bridge in stages.
Left turn lanes to and from the bridge will be restricted.
Project runs June through November.
St. Charles County
- I-55 resurfacing and bridge renovation. Crews will be removing and replacing the driving surface between Lindbergh and 4500 Broadway. This work starts in April and will continue through late fall 2016. Drivers can expect:
- One lane closed in each direction over the bridge at Reavis Barracks between April and August.
- Nighttime lane closures until late fall to remove and replace the driving surface.
- The narrowing of eastbound lanes to allow crews to work behind barrier walls.
- Lane closures during non-peak traffic hours, especially at night.
- I-64 widening between I-270 and Route 340 - The project to widen eastbound and westbound I-64 between I-270 and Route 340 continues through this year. Crews will be placing a new driving surface on both the eastbound and westbound lanes later this year. Drivers can also expect:
- I-70/I-170 bridge rehabilitation - This project includes rehabilitation on all of the bridges at the I-70/I-170 interchange. This work begins this summer and will be complete by summer 2017. Motorists can expect:
- One lane closed eastbound and westbound on I-70 for up to four weeks.
- Various ramp closures on the I-70 and I-170 interchange for several weeks.
- Various lane closures around the clock on the interchange including work on the I-170 bridge over Route 115.
- I-70/I-270 bridge rehabilitation - Bridge improvements continue at the I-70 and I-270 interchange through this year. This work is scheduled to be complete this summer, but in the meantime there will be:
Various lane closures and weekend ramp closures on the interchange.
- I-270 at Bellefontaine bridge rehabilitation - This project includes rehabilitation on the I-270 bridge deck over Bellefontaine Road. This work began March 2016 and will be complete by summer 2016. Motorists can expect:
One lane closed around the clock on eastbound and westbound I-270 from Bellefontaine to Lilac.
Various additional nighttime lane closures.
- I-70 interchange and improvement projects - Improvements will be made at the Fairgrounds Road and 5th Street interchanges. Impacts will include:
- The narrowing and shifting of westbound I-70 between 5th Street and Route 94.
- A two-month closure of the two westbound I-70 right lanes approaching Route 94. Three through lanes on I-70 remains open as does the Route 94 exit, but drivers will have to access the exit from the far right thru lane on I-70.
- A month-long right lane closure on westbound I-70 between the Blanchette Bridge and Route 94 in April.
- Various single and double lane closures during off-peak hours between 5th Street and Route 94.
- Various ramp closures at the 5th Street interchange.
- The closure of Fairgrounds Road over I-70 for 120-days this spring.
- A weekend closure of 5th Street at I-70 in the fall.
- I-70 between Wentzville and the Warren County line - Pavement improvements will require:
Various nighttime single lane closures on I-70 between Wentzville and the Warren County line.
Fifth Street Improvement Project Begins Monday in St. Charles
- I-55 northbound lane addition - Crews will be working throughout the year to rehab the railroad bridge north of Route Z and extend the third lane northbound at Route Z. The work will require:
- The closure of the Route Z ramp to northbound I-55through early August.
- Nighttime and off-peak lane closures on northbound I-55.
- A weekend restriction of one lane of northbound I-55 at Route Z. A zipper merge will be in place for that closure.
ST. CHARLES, MO, (SLFP.com), March 16, 2016 - Motorists who use Interstate 70 near Fifth Street in St. Charles should be aware of some big changes coming to westbound I-70 next week.
Crews will begin work on Monday, March 21 to narrow and shift the lanes of westbound I-70 between Fifth Street and Route 94. Motorists can expect nightly lane closures all next week from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. as crews restripe the lanes and set barrier walls.
Once the work is complete, drivers will have three, 10 1/2 foot through lanes. The two right lanes approaching Route 94 will remain closed around the clock through May. The exit to Route 94 will remain open, but drivers will have to use the right through lane on I-70 to access the exit. All work is weather dependent.
Renovating the I-44 and I-55 Interchange to Begin Early Spring 2016
ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com), March 16, 2016 - The Missouri Department of Transportation will be rehabilitating the interchange between I-55 and I-44 in 2016.
As a part of this project, crews will have to remove and replace portions of the ramps between the two interstates. This will require daily lane closures and weekend ramp closures to complete the project.
This work is needed as part of the interchange's regularly scheduled preventative maintenance. Crews will be removing portions of the driving surface, replacing joints and repairing concrete. This will ensure the bridges and the interchange remains in good condition for driving for the future.
Details on which ramps will be closed at which times will be announced soon.
Gateway Guide Offers Live Views of St. Louis Traffic
ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com) - Does your daily commute catch you by surprise? Is it smooth sailing or are there crashes and other incidents on your path home that will cause you delays? Check out MoDOT's new and improved Gatewayguide.com website for live traffic information and alerts before you leave for work or home.
MoDOT's new GatewayGuide.com website shows nearly 300 live camera views updating every couple of seconds, displays real-time information on incidents and work zones with lane closures and is mobile friendly for your smart phone or other cellular device.
"You can sign up for personalized My STL Traffic alerts specific to the highway you use at the times you need it each day," said MoDOT Assistant District Engineer Tom Blair. "These alerts can be sent to you by text or email to the device you choose and will inform you of crashes or other lane closures. Our goal is to keep traffic moving. The better informed you are of current road conditions, the better choices you can make for a quick, safe trip."
The new website provides a tour of camera views from one end of an interstate to the other. It also shows a live Twitter feed from MoDOT's @StLouisTraffic. Check out the new website at www.gatewayguide.com.
The Saint Louis Front Page is owned and maintained by the Moore Design Group for the sole purpose of disseminating news and information about the Metropolitan Saint Louis area. Text or graphics may not be copied, rewritten or distributed in any manner whatsoever without written permission. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org All rights reserved world wide © 1996 - 2016 Moore Design Group.
Vacation Savings at
Dining St. Louis,
a Fine Restaurant Guide